Sunday, April 6, 2008

Back in Missouri

... and back among the living! I am feeling a ton better, although it took me a lot longer than I thought it should have. Jack, however, is still nursing his cold. He is Cranky with a capital "C" and just generally miserable. He was actually ok on the plane ride back thanks to a well-planned nursing schedule. His ears really bother him on the descent, so I have to try to hold him off eating until we're landing, which can be tricky timing-wise. Here's hoping he's feeling better soon and back to his happy self! I am going to get him weighed at breastfeeding support group tomorrow night because he hasn't really wanted to eat, and my milk supply has been down because of the fever. Not that he can't afford to slow down some, but I just want to be sure he's ok!

Yesterday we went over to Allison and Kenny's for breakfast and to see Kennison and Colton. Allison's mom made Jack and Colton each a MU blanket and a KU blanket. You see, Kenny and Mike are big MU fans... Dale, Allison's dad, is a big KU fan. Well, Jack likes them both, and donned his KU blanket all day yesterday, cheering the Jayhawks on to their Final 4 victory. But I'm partial to the KU blanket. Why, you ask? Yesterday Jack took at 2 hour nap with it, and today, he took a 1 1/2 hour nap with it! For a kid who never naps, that is HUGE! Thanks Nana Shelley for such a GREAT Easter present! After hanging out and relaxing all day, Kenny and Allison and crew came over to watch the basketball game, and Kennison practiced taking my picture with our old camera. I got her first, though! Today we just lounged around all day... we didn't make it to church but we did make it out this evening with Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Dave for their wedding anniversary/Grandma's birthday. After a relaxing weekend, we're looking forward to a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got really excited when I saw the MU blanket!!! GO TIGERS!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tori, http://friedrichkc.blogspot.com/
this is your "used to be 3-door up the street neighbor, Mr. Gary. Good looking blog, but more importantly, good lookin' family. Look at our blog about Beth's baby, Parker, at familyblogstone.blogspot.com