Monday, May 19, 2008

A few random thoughts...

Jack and I both did fine with our 24 hrs apart. We were both happy to see one another Saturday night, and woke frequently in the night to remind ourselves how happy we were. :-)

Here are a few thoughts I had over the weekend...

*I feel so sad for Mommies and Daddies in the armed forces who have to spend weeks or months away from their babies. How terrible that must be for them.

*I wish I had known my cousin Gwyneth better. She was an amazing person. I admired her, especially when I was a little girl. One summer when we were at a family reunion I literally followed her everywhere. I'm sure that was annoying to her.


Tori and Gwyn, 1989


*I love Southwest Airlines. My flights were efficient, on time, and their peanuts are good.

*I wish I lived closer to my family (immediate and extended) and got to see them more. They're hilarious and fun. A conversation between my great aunt and uncle...

Uncle Corky: With me, what you see is what you get.
Aunt Nancy: I like what I see!
Uncle Corky: Oh, you gorgeous thing...

*It's true that nobody is bothered more by your crying baby than you are. There were several crying babies on my plane, and I hardly noticed, other than to feel sorry for those moms.

1 comment:

amosclarkson said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin. Glad that Jack did okay with your first night apart. I'm not sure when Eli will spend the night elsewhere. How did he do with needing to eat through the night?? That's my concern as he is so used to just rolling over & nursing 3-4 times a night & if I'm not there, I'm afraid he would have a melt down which would be hard on him & whoever is with him!!