Thursday, August 13, 2009

bye, baby bunting

I don't know if it's the anticipation of baby brother's arrival or just a normal stage, but Jack loves to pretend to be a baby lately. He brings me a blanket and says, "Mama, I want baby." I wrap him up and rock him, and the he wiggles around until I say, "Look! Jack's all grown up!"

And then we do it a hundred more times. Here he is playing baby with Daddy after bath time earlier this week.

I want baby!

DSC04491

Jack baby

DSC04488

Uh, oh! He's growing up!

DSC04490

It's a big-boy Jack!

DSC04492

***********************************************************************

In other, unrelated news, my mom recently taught Jack the song "Bye, Baby Bunting." Unfortunately, he only picked up the line, "Daddy's gone a hunting." He sings that one line over and over (and over and over) until I can get a new song stuck in his head. Apparently he thinks Daddy is quite a hunter. :-)

1 comment:

IncogKnito said...

Awe, I miss you. What a cute little boy he is!