Saturday, August 15, 2009

Getting ready for baby... cooking edition- Part 1

I know I haven't posted a recipe in a long time, but I've been a busy gal trying to stock our freezer with yummy meals and treats for after the baby's born. I'm still working on the meals, but finished most of the baking over the course of the past week. Here's what I've made so far. Believe it or not, I was able to accomplish well over half of it in one day! Here's what Jack did while I cooked... don't ask me why, but he is infatuated with playing with ice cubes!

DSC04380

Breakfast Cake

Blueberry Muffins

Oatmeal Cranberry Muffins- I subbed chocolate chips for the cranberries :-)

Zucchini Carrot Muffins

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Banana Sour Cream Bread- You should make this!

Quiches

Egg Muffins

Strawberry Nutrigrain Bars- so yummy!

1 Cup Butter or Margarine -- Softened
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups Oats
16 Ounces Strawberry Preserves -- * See Note
1 Teaspoon Almond Extract

 

Cream margarine and sugar. Add dry ingredients. Mix well. Add almond extract. Press half of crumb mixture into greased 9 x 13 pan. Spread with preserves. (*Use Strawberry, raspberry, peach or other favorite).
Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350* for 20-25 min. Cool and cut into bars.

I finished up most of the baking today, but I'm still hoping to make these Soft Zucchini Cookies at some point.

From each of the recipes I pulled out a few items to sample/ taste test, and wrapped the rest up securely for our after-baby freezer stash. It will be so great to be able to pull out yummy, nutritious, and homemade baked goods!

1 comment:

amosclarkson said...

You are so Martha Stewart...I am jealous :)