Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lovin' Fall

In my freshman year at college, when I met Allison, I remember her getting so excited that fall was on its way. It was her favorite season, she said. I can remember wondering what the big deal about fall was, when summer was clearly better- summer vacation... hello!

That is, until I witnessed my first fall in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC. Apparently I didn't care about fall because I had never seen fall. Florida, with it's nebulous seasons skips fall altogether. All of the sudden, I was a huge fan.

Which is why, yesterday, I was thrilled to take this picture of my own little trees in my own little autumn yard.

Fall trees

My trees (the only two we have) may be puny, but their colors are brilliant.

Jack Fall Collage

Happy, fall, everyone!

No comments: