Thursday, March 4, 2010

picky, picky

I pretty much never thought I'd have a picky eater- I mean, I eat EVERYTHING! But here I am with a two year old who's pretty much... picky. And he's not just picky about what he eats, but the how, and when, and where of eating too. Talk about driving a mama crazy! Changing things up every once in a while seems to be the key to successful eating for our little man.

Here are some of the things that have worked well for Jack in the eating department:

  • Using a toothpick rather than silverware. For whatever reason, sticking things with a tiny toothpick is way better than using a fork.
  • Making "meal kabobs" with kabob skewers. Usually fruits, veggies, cheeses and meats, these have the added bonus of becoming drumsticks once the meal is consumed.
  • Bringing down Jack's little table from his room. Our most recent go at happy eating, a table of his own has been a huge help!

DSC06589

DSC06590

What a cheese. Pun totally intended. :-)

1 comment:

Expat Mom said...

My boys have started eating a lot better since we got them a little table, too. And they are BOTH picky . .. which my mom says I deserve, since I was a horribly picky eater as a child!