Saturday, May 29, 2010

Powell Gardens

Last week I decided the boys and I needed a field trip with just the three of us, so early that morning I packed a lunch, slathered on sunscreen, and we hit Powell Gardens for the morning. I took the double stroller, but next time I think I'll stick with the single, as the amount of time both boys were in the stroller was few and far between.

DSC06948

It was a perfect, quiet, hot, fun retreat!

DSC06949

Jack loved this butterfly bench...

DSC06952

and hopping in the Hummingbird Garden.

DSC06959

They are getting ready for a bug exhibit, and many HUGE bugs were already set up. We"ll have to  go back to see it, as Jack loved the ones we saw.

DSC06962

Here Jack's excited that I finally let him pick a "flower"- this yellow dandelion. Check out that goofy face!

DSC06964

We spent about an hour on the water garden island,

DSC06968 

then headed back to the "mainland" to check out the vegetable garden and head to the barn for samples of strawberries, blackberries, snap peas, radishes, broccoli, and carrots.

DSC06966 

By early afternoon we were all hot and tired! Thanks Kansas City Groupon  for the great deal on a year-long family pass! I have a feeling we'll be going back often!

No comments: