Sunday, March 9, 2008

Being a mom...

It's hard to explain how being a mom changes you in so many ways. There are some days when I'm home all day with my little guy, and I just crave a minute by myself, to make a sandwich, or take a shower, or just do nothing like I could before. Even when I'm out and Jack's with Mike or a babysitter, life is never the same. I never quite enjoy myself like I once could, worrying, wondering if he's ok. I would be lying if I said that there aren't times when I wish I could have a few minutes free of the responsiblity. Then, at night, after he goes to bed, it's amazing to me how powerful my feelings for him can be- unlike any other I have ever experienced in my life. It's incredible that after being with him all day, he can go to sleep and I miss him, just a room away while I sit in the living room. He's still in our bedroom at night... I keep thinking I'm ready to move him to the nursery, but then somehow I'm just not yet. There are those nights that I go into the bedroom to go to bed and look at him, sleeping so peacefully, and I want to wake him up so I can hold him. (Don't worry, I know better!) My little man continually amazes me. That's all for tonight...

No comments: