Saturday, January 10, 2009

CVS-ing Week 2

This week I only took one trip to CVS. (Well, two if you count that I had to get a raincheck for the Throat Coolers and go back to finalize that purchase). There were quite a few items on sale  that I would regularly purchase that did not necessarily earn Extra Bucks, so I took advantage of the sales, although I didn't earn as many Extra Bucks as normal.

On Tuesday my trip looked like this:

4 cans Progresso Soup- B1G1 free plus I had a coupon

2 Children's Throat Coolers- Earn Extra Bucks plus I had a B1G1 free coupon

2 Softsoap Hand Soaps- On sale plus I had a coupon

2 Palmolive dish liquid- On sale plus I had 2 coupons

2 CVS Tissue Family Box- B1G1 50% off plus I had a $3 off coupon any CVS brand

1 CVS Quart Size Storage Bags- I had a $3 off coupon any CVS brand

1 Mylanta- On sale plus I had a coupon

1 Tylenol Extra Strength- On sale plus I had a coupon

1 Infant's Tylenol- On sale plus I had a coupon

1 Infant's Motrin- On sale plus I had a coupon

The items in red above were part of a weekly deal to spend $20 on J&J products and earn $10 Extra Bucks. My J&J product total came to $21, I used $5.50 in coupons, plus a $2 off $10 of pain relievers CVS coupon, and a $3 off any purchase of $15 CVS coupon. So basically, I spent $10.50 on J&J products, and got $10 Extra Bucks... that means the items in red were almost free!

My original total was: $53.19

After coupons and $23.98 in Extra Bucks I spent $2.09.

I earned $19.98 in Extra Bucks for next week.

12 week total CVS cash spending so far: $2.25

12 week total savings so far: $96.54

No comments: