Monday, June 8, 2009

OUT of Africa

Last week I took Jack, Kennison and Colton on a jaunt to the Kansas City Zoo with some of the moms and babes from our playgroup. It was a beautiful day, and we had a great time exploring the Africa section.

Jack was most impressed by the elephants.

DSC04027DSC04031

Kennison liked the "big cats."

DSC04036

Monkey that he is, Coco liked the monkeys best!

DSC04043

But, really, the kids were most interested in sitting on rocks, and eating their snacks. :-)

DSC04038DSC04040

DSC04033

After about 2 hours, my three had had it. They were tired and getting cranky, so I decided to head out. Unfortunately, I didn't have a map, and the rest of the group wasn't quite leaving yet. I figured it couldn't be too hard, so we set out. At the KC zoo, apparently exit signs are overrated. Every intersection we came to pointed the way to see different animals, but none told us how to get OUT of Africa! After about an hour of pushing three kids in a double stroller (and at any given point at least one or two were crying), with my big old belly and my very red face, a tram ride with all three, and Jack throwing his sippy cup under the tram, we finally made it out. I can only imagine what people thought as they saw us trudging along!

This is how we felt once we finally got home.

DSC04045 DSC04047 DSC04046

Thus ends your lesson in why it's ALWAYS important to grab a map when you go to the zoo!

No comments: