Thursday, January 14, 2010

Snow Cream

Last week when it was SO. COLD. and snowed a ton, I thought it would be fun to mix up some snow cream. 

I set a bowl out when it started to snow, again, to catch some new, clean snow. When it was nearing nap time, I check the bowl and it was about half full, so I scooped off the top layer of the 748" or so of snow in our front yard and got some from the middle of the pile to fill the bowl.

DSC06363

I came inside and whipped it up, and fed it to some excited little people. I tasted some too. It was good- surprisingly similar to homemade vanilla ice cream!

DSC06364

Kennison and Colton were over because their mommy and daddy were busy finding out whether they are getting a little brother or sister.

DSC06365 

Kennison stirred hers all up and made ice cream soup- so I got her a straw!

 

Snow Cream

1/2 gallon of (clean!) snow

1/2 c sugar

1/2 T vanilla extract

approx. 1 c milk (I used evaporated)

 

Add sugar and vanilla to snow, and stir. Stir in milk until it's the desired consistency. Eat right away!

No comments: