Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Owl Cupcakes

DSC07881

I got this picture off my camera and realized I never blogged it. For Jack's birthday at school I asked him  what kind of treats he wanted me to bring, and he said...

owl cupcakes. Owl cupcakes!

Where does this kid get this stuff?!

So, my friend google and I set out to find some ideas. I came across this post on one of my new favorite blogs, I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar, and modified it for what I had on hand.

They eyes are oreo halves, cream side up. The beaks are starbursts cut in half, and the eyebrow thingies are tootsie rolls. She used oreos cut into slivers, but apparently she has sharper knives than I do- mine just crumbled.

To coordinate, I make him this owl beanie, using the pattern at Toad's Treasures, another blog with amazing ideas!

IMAG0081

In summary, when your quirky 3 year old requests owl paraphernalia for his birthday, google and awesome craft blogs won't fail you. :)

No comments: