Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy 6 Months, Jack!

Jack is 6 months old today. It's funny, because it's hard to believe it's already been six months, but at the same time, it's almost impossible to remember what it was like before he was in our lives. Today was Jack's 6 month well visit to the doctor, and he got a good report from her. His growth has slowed down a little (it's about time!) but he still weighted in at 19 lbs. 15 oz. and 26 1/2 inches tall. He's 90% for weight, 75% for height, and 98% for head (yep, that's the Friedrich in him!). Not bad! He's hitting or close to hitting all of his milestones: rolling over, sitting (almost!), transfering objects from hand to hand, laughing, cooing, and squealing. And she was impressed with his thick hair! He gets it from his momma. :-)

She also did a lot to calm my fears about his sleep schedule (or lack thereof). I've been journaling his sleep, and even with the night wakings and 4 short naps a day, he is still getting the recommended amount of sleep for a baby his age. So I am less anxious about his sleeping, and realizing that this time I spend up with him at night will be a fleeting memory all too soon- not to say that I wouldn't LOVE a good night's sleep! But, he's healthy, and happy, and that's just about all I can ask for. We're still going to try to put into practice a few sleep tactics that might help, and I'll blog about them later, but for now I feel more at peace.

Jack also got half of his 6 month shots today and was a trooper about it. So, now we're home, I got some motrin in him for his sore little legs, and he's been asleep for an hour and a half! If only he could nap like this all the time!

I pulled some pictures of him from the past 6 months! He's almost too big for the bouncy seat, which will be a sad day!


One Month Old


Six Weeks Old


3 Months Old


5 Months Old


Sleeping as I type, 6 Months Old

2 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Glad you took your shots well! I try, too, to remind myself that the poor sleep will soon be gone, but it's hard when you are in the middle of it. Plus, I worry about Eli's sleep habits not improving and him always having problems, just different ones. Oh well, just have to take one day at a time!

Amy said...

Yea, I think it is time to get rid of the bouncy seat :)3