Sunday, September 25, 2011

Joshua’s Nursery

When we moved the boys into a room together this Spring, we took down the nursery and turned Jack’s airplane room into the new nursery. Since my mom and I made all the bedding, etc. in that room I wanted Joshua to have it.

We added a few “baby” touches…

I ordered this vinyl verse, Joshua’s verse, and hung his hospital picture underneath it. It’s on the wall above the rocking chair.

DSC09711

The most comfortable chair in the world, next to an old living room end table with baskets for burp rags, toys, etc.

DSC09719

Changing table

DSC09712

I made a quilted wall hanging to go next to the closet. I think you can’t see the letters very well, though, so I’m planning to outline them in a darker thread sometime soon!

abc wall hanging

Crib view. My mom and I made the bumpers with appliqued airplanes, crib blanket, skirt, curtains and wall hangings. I love that my boys have slept surrounded by mama’s love.

DSC09714

When I was a little girl, my grandmother Momsie gave me a porcelain bunny for most occasions. Among those were many Beatrix Potter pieces. My mom brought them to me this summer, and I knew I wanted to put them in Joshua’s room.

DSC09716

You can click to see the old nursery and this room when it was Jack’s here. I’ll have to do a post on the big boys’ shared room soon! Can’t believe I haven’t done it yet!

No comments: